There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner

Insensitive to the needs of employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellwood, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellwood, IL

I have been working at BorgWarner

Pros

The benefits are comparable to other companies. Once you are "in" there are possibilities that might be explored but the proving process is long.

Cons

Management does not seem to like pro-active behaviors nor can they tolerate to hear bad news of any kind. They are extremely reactive to the latest problem and begin and end projects as the next problem arises. Most projects end up as window dressing to appease the customer with the latest complaint.

Get pro-active and fix your systems. That will go a great deal further than knee-jerking to every little problem that pops up. Stay the course and allow projects to complete.

50 Other Employee Reviews for BorgWarner (View Most Recent)

Bw is.a great place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Ithaca, NY

I worked at BorgWarner

Pros

The interaction with co workers. The ability to work on personal development. Rewards for performance. The Ithaca location has to be one of the best.

Cons

You will have slightly flawed process. Customer driven procedure that can cause unnessary work requiremts. There is the potential for extended worked hours.

Most of the management I worked with did a great job. However, it took the auto industry downfall to cause bw to look at cost reduction. Cost reduction should have been a part of day to day operations before the downfall.

BorgWarner is a solid, professional company that has given me a good opportunity to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Administrative Position At WHQ in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Position At WHQ in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at BorgWarner

Pros

BorgWarner has good benefits, and employees achieve good work life balance. Mangement is very conservative and that makes Borg a very stable place to be.

Cons

WHQ can be somewhat political. Sometimes it is hard to grlw as quickly as a person might like.

I appreciate your foresight and steady approach to leadership. I would encourage you to keep that aspect but be willing to consider new ideas in the workplace for being flexible.

There are newer employer reviews for BorgWarner