There are newer employer reviews for Borgess Health

Excellent Job!

Former Employee - Patient Safety Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Patient Safety Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Borgess Health

Pros

When I worked there, I created my own schedule to work. They hand you a blank calendar and you mark the days you want to work an 8 or 16 hour shift. You call them the days that you marked and they'll tell you if they have a room for you or not. Great pay as well!

Cons

The only real downside I could see is that it's not a very steady income if they don't need you on a lot of the days that you had put down to work.

My supervisor was absolutely wonderful to me and all I can say is just keep doing what you're doing because it's working!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work... for Doctors.

Current Employee - Marketing in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Borgess Health

Pros

Good place to work. Great benefits and fairly casual atmosphere. Hands off management.

Cons

As a business professional, you will feel second class to the medical professionals.

Don't forget that your business professionals are just as important as your medical professionals.

2. Eh.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Borgess Health

Pros

Excellent job security and benefits. Decent pay, including having a lot of "per hour" positions rather than salary.

Cons

The management is...lacking. They typically don't ask for the opinions of their employees, and when they do, they don't use it. Time can be hard to get, depending on the shift you work. There are a LOT of fat cats getting paid a bunch of cash to do little to no work, and the little guys are the ones who suffer because of it. The hospital has had a lot of financial problems lately, mostly because said problem with waste/time theft.

Cut the waste, streamline things, and get rid of non-essential "high paid" personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for Borgess Health