There are newer employer reviews for Borrego Solar

a good solar company

Former Employee - Site Superintendent  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Site Superintendent in San Diego, CA

I worked at Borrego Solar

Pros

Solar electricity is an up and coming field and the work will continue for a long time. Borrego is transitioning from a small residential and commercial engineering, design and construction firm (EDC) to purely project management. Borrego was a good place to learn the basics of solar electricity and project management. A friendly work environment and good people.

Cons

Management did not have training for any of the workers other than on the job. Manuals were not updated and no specifications were set in place. Designers were not field experienced. Some of the staff needed more training and field experience. Some of the field personnel did not have good quality control and attention to detail that had to be corrected by supervisors.

Have training for personnel. keeping your workforce up to date is the best way to stay competitive. Look at employees better and promote based on ability not longevity.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Borrego Solar (View Most Recent)

The best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Lowell, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Borrego Solar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have never worked for a more trusting and transparent organization. It is so refreshing to know exactly how and what the company is doing. All of the people are top notch and super hard working. The executives are approachable and definitely walk the talk. All of these things build what I feel is the best company culture in the industry. Their industry reputation for quality work is well earned. This company is for those who want to do good work, work hard, and reap the benefits.

Cons

They are lean and mean. At Borrego you are given both a lot of authority and responsibility . That responsibility at times can lead to a heavy load. While they are flexible, they also very process driven and so there is no short cutting.

I appreciate that they are generally conservative as it has led to our continued annual profitability. That said I think with more resources we could do even more toward accelerating the adoption of renewable energy.

Good experience, low pay

I worked at Borrego Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for those willing to learn

Cons

Well below-market pay. Young management with changing goals.

Look at salary comps

There are newer employer reviews for Borrego Solar

Worked for Borrego Solar? Contribute to the Community!