Borrego Solar

www.borregosolar.com

a good solar company

Site Superintendent (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSolar electricity is an up and coming field and the work will continue for a long time. Borrego is transitioning from a small residential and commercial engineering, design and construction firm (EDC) to purely project management. Borrego was a good place to learn the basics of solar electricity and project management. A friendly work environment and good people.

ConsManagement did not have training for any of the workers other than on the job. Manuals were not updated and no specifications were set in place. Designers were not field experienced. Some of the staff needed more training and field experience. Some of the field personnel did not have good quality control and attention to detail that had to be corrected by supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave training for personnel. keeping your workforce up to date is the best way to stay competitive. Look at employees better and promote based on ability not longevity.

The best job I have ever had

Engineer (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

I have been working at Borrego Solar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I have never worked for a more trusting and transparent organization. It is so refreshing to know exactly how and what the company is doing.… Cons: They are lean and mean. At Borrego you are given both a lot of authority and responsibility . That responsibility at times… Advice to Senior Management: I appreciate that they are generally conservative as it has led to our continued annual profitability. That… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good experience, low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Borrego Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunities for those willing to learn Cons: Well below-market pay. Young management with changing goals. Advice to Senior Management: Look at salary comps – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Borrego Solar.

Worked for Borrego Solar? Contribute to the Community!