There are newer employer reviews for Bose

The reasons why so many people stay at Bose for decades...

Current Employee - Engineer V in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Engineer V in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Executives and management value the people.
Good ideas at all levels are valued and recognized.
People are of high caliber in all disciplines: research, product development, manufacturing.
Technical rigor is present in research, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, purchasing, finance, and quality.
The products are of high quality, world renowned, coveted and fun to work on.
There are multiple business units with some diversity that helps to stabilize the company's growth.
It's a profitable, privately held company that is charting its course for the long term rather than for quarterly reports.

Cons

It's a privately held company that does not offer stock options.
Products have been typically focused on older, more conservative demographic at higher cost. This has caused younger customers to disregard Bose products. This may change soon.

Great strides in employee appreciation have been achieved in the past 6 years; even higher advances in the past few years. You are doing the right things to maintain a dedicated and powerful work force. Keep it going.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company if you get under the right store manager

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bose full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Solid company, great benefits, staff support and growth potential.

Cons

You have to put a lot of time in to move up, manager training period is about 1-2 year process that you're in training. Depending on which store manager you're under you'll either do great or horrible.

Best company I've had the pleasure of managing.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Bose full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I managed the Mall of America Store in 2004 and due to personal reasons had to leave far too soon. In the time I worked for Bose I have nothing but respect for the company and those within the company. The training offered was second to none and the goals and ideals clearly defined. Having been a retail manager for over 30 years I have much to compare this company to others I have managed ( Barnes and Noble, Petsmart and others) and hands down Bose is the best. Perhaps things have changed, I hope not.

Cons

Ok, I never liked the scripted reveal but every company has their thing. At least the products were cool.

There are newer employer reviews for Bose