Software

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Bose full-time

Pros

40-45 hour work week. Steady paycheck. A company with great reputation and integrity!. Excellent work life balance.We also have a great portfolio of products that add value to our clients and community!Fast pace, access to lots of technologies.Doing a good job is not enough. Someone else will take credit if you dont. Culture is always changing. Trying to streamline.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for advancement in company.can be challenging if you choose to climb the corporate ladder

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Incredible company to work for

Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great competitive salary and benefits -excellent management team that cares about individual career development -makes awesome products -tight knit community of extremely intelligent engineers willing to share their knowledge -plenty of training/educational opportunities -company is rooted in its strong core values and guiding principles

Cons

-the commute -not a publicly traded company : no stock benefits but it's not entirely a CON since that shortcoming is easily made up for by their other benefits

Advice to Management

Keep promoting personal/individual development - studies all over have proven that the happiest employees are the most productive employees. In order for employees to be happy, work-life balance is essential and a management team that is supportive of its employees' desire for mastery and purpose is key.

main reason for slow advancement

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

culture is so beneficial and technical opportunities are so great...few people leave. I've been at the company for 19 years and I'm about average. I don't plan to leave. If growth rate is not high enough, or if existing people do not leave, then new people will experience low growth opportunity.

Cons

this leads to slow growth opportunities...slow growth in title...still allows growth in learning which is what has caused me to stay for so long.

Advice to Management

generate much higher corporate growth rate. This seems to be the only thing that could remedy this. high employee retention is a very good thing overall.