There are newer employer reviews for Bose

It's Retail

Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bose full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good. I left the company with plenty of product! There are bonuses (if you can qualify) and health insurance if you need it (I didn't at the time)

Cons

It's near impossible (on a rotating yearly cycle) to hit the numbers to bonus. My first year we bonus, some times double, and the second year we didn't at all. This tends to be the trend, so don't bank on getting the monthly bonuses.

One would think the upper management would be great, seeing what an amazing man Dr. Bose is, but they are not held to a high standard. After reporting my store manager for her behavior, I had a x on my back, and was gone a few months later. I left because of the behavior of my store manager and the lack of care taken by the district manager and corporate.

230 Other Employee Reviews for Bose (View Most Recent)

Bose

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Bose full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Take good care of employees. Pay for most of your education with tuition reimbursement. Great employee discounts. Decent pay, not amazing.

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement. Corporate highly values people with engineering backgrounds. NEARLY impossible to become an executive without that.

None that they would consider

Incredible company to work for

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Stow, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great competitive salary and benefits
    -excellent management team that cares about individual career development
    -makes awesome products
    -tight knit community of extremely intelligent engineers willing to share their knowledge
    -plenty of training/educational opportunities
    -company is rooted in its strong core values and guiding principles

Cons

-the commute
    -not a publicly traded company : no stock benefits but it's not entirely a CON since that shortcoming is easily made up for by their other benefits

Keep promoting personal/individual development - studies all over have proven that the happiest employees are the most productive employees. In order for employees to be happy, work-life balance is essential and a management team that is supportive of its employees' desire for mastery and purpose is key.

There are newer employer reviews for Bose

Worked for Bose? Contribute to the Community!