There are newer employer reviews for Bose

Industrial Design Intern

Former Intern - Industrial Design Intern in Framingham, MA
Former Intern - Industrial Design Intern in Framingham, MA

I worked at Bose as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Really nice people and a relaxed work environment. Bose is not a publicly traded company so there are no pushes and deadlines like you see at other, publicly traded companies who have quarterly goals etc. That being said everyone works very hard and the creative process is very valued.

Cons

Knowledge of Pro-E isn't required but is "nice to have". Dress code is a bit stiff for what the usual industrial designer is used to...though it's not an issue.

reviews filtered by
  1. Productive

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Blythewood, SC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Blythewood, SC

I worked at Bose full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

When I worked at Bose we use to take test to get raises and promotions that was a good incentive.

Cons

They change the way they did the tempory employees just moved them from department to department after they had been train well in one.

Listen to employees more.

I enjoyed working at Bose.

Former Contractor - Bose Change Management Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Former Contractor - Bose Change Management Specialist in Framingham, MA

I worked at Bose as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. The job expectations were well defined. They have a good work/life balance. The company provides sufficient resources to do projects correctly. The work environment is comfortable and well taken care of.

Cons

They have a quirky rule that you cannot drink coffee at your desk, which I really missed. However, to be fair, their rationale was that they wanted you to take coffee breaks and to go to the cafeteria to relax and speak with your coworkers.

The management team I worked with did a great job. I felt they were fair and set reasonable expectations. The provided plenty of support to help me "get up to speed" when I first started working there.

There are newer employer reviews for Bose