Great place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I worked at Bose

Pros

They really take their core principles - Excellence, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Customer Focus, Innovation - seriously and try to incorporate them into everything they do. A culture that tries as best as it can to ensure each individual is able to reach their fullest potential.

Cons

It can takes a long time to make decisions and get things started. Culture of collaboration and consensus can lead to inactivity and long delays.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Though not without its flaws you've created an environment that is truly distinct and very supportive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Bose Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Bose

Pros

Excellent opportunities for training, professional development and expanding your knowledge in chosen field.

Cons

Part of layoff due to economy.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent job of developing employees and making high quality products.

Bose is a great place to work, IF you can get hired.

Current Employee - Contractor in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Bose

Pros

Not the typical "stuffy" corporate atmosphere
    Friendly, welcoming employees
    In house hiring/friend/family referrals
    AWESOME company discounts-up to 50% on some items
    Above average salary
    Excellent work-family balance
    Fun, relaxed atmosphere (except at the Corporate Building)

Cons

Bose is an awesome place to work--and they know it. For anything other than an engineering position, they probably wont hire you unless theyve had a chance to "try you out--" prepare to be a contractor for a long time. Even then there are no guarantees youll get hired.

I was a contractor filling in for a woman that had left the company abruptly. They kept me in her position for a year, then the company finally posted the position for official hire for a permanent person. Even though I was told I was doing a great job, they told me I'd actually have to interview for it (yes, for the job that I had been doing for a YEAR--already knew the job, everyone in my dept and had a great relationship w/ management and staff) Even though all my colleagues wrote glowing letters of recommendation AND made phone calls on my behalf, they STILL gave the job to someone else-an outsider at that! When I asked the hiring manager why??? she told me she felt the person she hired would stay longer in the position in the long run because this was more in line with her "career path." Turns out that girl left after a year. Unbelievable. All that work for nothing.

Advice to Management

Maximum 6 months waiting period (with good performance) for contractors before getting hired. Some people I know had been contracting for 4+ years! Seal the deal already Bose, dont take advantage of people. Unacceptable.