Boston Consulting Group

www.bcg.com
  www.bcg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Learned a lot throughout 6 months, gathered all the information needed to enter consulting industry

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group

Pros

Open culture, willing to teach, steep learning curve, team work, diversified background, work life balance, flat career path,

Cons

Market in Taiwan is too limited comparing with China or HK, did not have much chance to interact with global offices.
Not much training provided but lots of reading material which you can access freely

595 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Taipei (Taiwan)

I worked at Boston Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BCG is definitely the most friendly and driven group of people that I have ever worked for; BCG's innovation to solve business problems continue to attract top Fortune 100 companies back as our clients and I'm learning new ideas everyday. All my BCG colleagues are very down to the Earth yet very brilliant in many ways, and I have truly enjoyed my time working at BCG.

Cons

The hours can sometime be a bit long, but overall, it's a great experience that one year in BCG equals to around 3-4 years in the industry!

BCG is very transparent and not really any major hierarchy when it's time to decide your "up or out" decision! Basically, all those whom you have worked with in the past have some say about whether you should stay in the company or not.

Extremely tough, but broad experience that you can't find from anywhere else.

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Seoul (South Korea)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Seoul (South Korea)

I worked at Boston Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can be exposed to very diverse practice areas such as telco, auto, construction, electronics, health care, etc. in a year.

Cons

You can't sleep more than 6 hours a day. Sometimes less than 3 hours. Very challenging work environment. You have to prove yourself every seconds.

We have to open more externships for seniors as it is crucial to understand the real and humble dynamics of industry. I learned a lot more after leaving consulting. Consultant without field experience can be too idealistic.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Consulting Group