Very smart people, great culture. I enjoyed working there and would have stayed if it weren't for the travel involved.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really smart people, and they care about making you better. Review process is best I've seen anywhere, and if you stick around, pay gets better and better.

Cons

Travel. I was traveling 4 days a week pretty much every week. Fine out of college, but not what I wanted longer-term

Other Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

OK place to rack up a few resume points after B-School

Former Employee - Principal  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL

I worked at Boston Consulting Group full-time

Pros

BCG offers good pay and great healthcare benefits. Great peer group of smart and positive people coming in the door. There are opportunities if you want them for a variety of assignments across industries and countries. Good office locations in most major cities and some flexiblity to relocate. Annual practice meetings were the highlight.

Cons

Both obsessed and encumbered by growth BCG is finding it increasingly difficult to live up to Denis Henderson's ideals and is evolving into a clannish powerpoint factory.

BCG is no longer a platform for the vital few who offer breakthrough thinking and back it up with hard work - if you're in this bucket you'll find yourself in better company at one of the BCG alumni firms who have chosen not to accept the compromises of scale. Consider Bain or one of the smaller splinter firms.

I hope to never leave!

Current Employee - Global Marketing  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Global Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

colleagues, benefits, leadership, growth opportunities, values

Cons

I don't have any cons to share!

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Consulting Group.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!