Boston Consulting Group
www.bcg.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

It sucked but I would do it again.

Associate (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople here are super, super nice; really smart but also caring and considerate.
And, key point, the connections and resume boost when you leave are totally worth the investment.

ConsUnfortunately, and regardless of what the brochure says, this is not a place that retains women. To do well here, you have to put work above absolutely everything else, and it's quite rare to find normal, nice women who are willing to do that. So the female principals and partners tend to be workaholic, pretty mean, and type A - not good role models for the rest of us, and not people who I want to consider mentors.
Also, the culture here is highly evaluative - feedback is great, but the amount we receive here on few data points in intensely stressful. And they are *terrible* at recognizing and lauding strengths -- feedback is always strong oriented toward the negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure your CDC process actually does a very good job. If you have not worked with local officers, the decision process is based solely on what your CDC advisor says - and if he happens to be shy or not have done his research correctly, you've got a problem on your hands.

Great career experience - at a price

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group

Pros: The professional development opportunities are very good. The firm tries to develop its people… Cons: The job is extreemly demanding. The travel can be very… Advice to Senior Management: The bset thing BCG could do to improve the experience… More

Good pay partly offsets constant travel, long hours, stress

New York, NY

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group

Pros: BCG pays well and is very transparent about expectations and performance. The people are… Cons: It varies from person to person, but some of us travel constantly. Although it's not really BCG specific, one of the biggest downsides to… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boston Consulting Group.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Consulting Group CEO Rich Lesser. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees.