Boston Consulting Group
www.bcg.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Great (but demanding) résumé and experience catalyst

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

ProsImmediate access to and influence on senior management at Fortune 500 companies. Great training and development. Steep learning curve that propels you into a managerial role in a short amount of time. Colleagues that are some of the smartest people in the world (but somehow remain grounded and humble). Fun teams and good friends, which is key when working such long hours!

ConsAll of these wonderful pros come at a price: you have to give up your personal life and dedicate yourself to your client and your case. Dating is near impossible, and weekend trips or family events may have to be cancelled due to "client demands." BCG does its best to give its employees a decent work-life balance, and I would argue it's the best of the top tier firms in this area, but this industry is by nature incredibly demanding. Be prepared to burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing on attracting -- and retaining -- the best and brightest.

Great company!

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: The benefits package is crazy, the atmosphere is overall very friendly,… Cons: The only major con I can come up with is that, although the atmosphere is very friendly, it is also fairly political on the business… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best job out of college

Associate (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: BCG is really a great place to start or for that matter continue your… Cons: Not many cons outside of the obvious ones - work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boston Consulting Group.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Consulting Group CEO Rich Lesser. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees.