There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

Manager maturity needs maintenance.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I worked at Boston Market

Pros

The food is very delicious and fresh. The store is kept very clean. And when something is taken to cooperate, it gets fixed (its just pathetic that it has to go that far). The job itself is actually very easy.

Cons

Nothing said to a manager (shift or store) remains confidential. The hours are never constant. One week I would work 4 hours and the next 40. They find ways to get around the benefits promised. When the schedule changes or something happens, the employees are never informed. Employees don't receive the annual pay increase promised in the policy.

Listen to your employees when they say they have a problem. The employees are so scared of backlash that they are too scared to share what is really going on in the store.

reviews filtered by
  1. great

Current Employee - Server in North Arlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in North Arlington, NJ

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

flexible hours, every where so you can transfer from branch to branch according to your desire, good food, clean, reasonable pay.

Cons

if your relation with the manager bad your hour will keep cut-down

Work hard for little money,taken advantage of.

Current Employee - Carver in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Carver in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

One good reason to work at Boston Market is that they have a friendly work staff. Depending on who is working.

Cons

The pay is cheap. They don't give you full time hours. I have been working there for over 3 months and have been told I am the best at my position and still have not gotten a raise. People that do less work make more money. They expect you to do your job and when your done with your job they ask you to help some incompetent employee do his or her job. They take advantage of their good workers. Jobs are hard to come by and they know that so they will work you hard for as cheap as they can and they wont give you a raise. Since I started working there I never called off work at all,but you got at least one person a day who calls off but somehow they make more money then me. They change the way they operate allmost on a daily basis so everyday there is a new way of doing things. Half of the staff does not speak english. You have no way of knowing how many hours you are getting paid for unless you pay $10.00 to the paycard company to send you a paper statement. They pay every two weeks which sucks. You get no pay stubs at all. When you first start it takes 4 weeks just to get your first check. Overall it is a horrible place to work.

Let the carver decide how much chicken to put in the oven. Pay us once a week instead of once every two weeks. Stop locking the cleaning supplies and gloves in the office. Have some trust in your employees stop thinking everyone is stealing food and-or supplies from the store. Get better managers. 20 year old managers don't have enough experience or the know how to manage the store. Some of theservers and the carvers are better workers then the managers and are smarter and more mature. In short you should put more thought into who you make hourly shift managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market