Boston Market

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL

I worked at Boston Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-50% off food
-Maybe a friendly shift manager
-Employees that empathize

Cons

-No free food (When I got this job I was broke until my first check. So no food for me, even if I was working a double.)
-They do nothing but point out flaws. And I mean absolutely nothing. How can you be a manager and still flip out whenever 2pm rush our comes? This happens every day, you should be used to this. And if it's 2pm rush, why all 4 managers asking me to do things like, "pick up my pencil," "change out the desserts," "bus the tables", when I'm taking Orders, because the line is out of the door, and there are only two crew members for two registers, and two order sections?
-Management is illogical and in-organized and flat out condescending.
- The hours are good if you have the experience, but they'll work you a double and then make you work morning shift the next day. That makes no sense.
-They'll put you where they want you. I'm bad with math and had my drawer short almost every day. If it continued I would get fired.
-I walked out the day before Thanksgiving because I was working 6 days in a row, and had never felt more demoralized in my life. It literally felt like a life or death decision. There's no reason you should feel like you are nothing when you are busting your ass for hours on end, every day.

-CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYESS. ACTUALLY DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISE.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market (View Most Recent)

Pretty good benfits. Some unreasonable expectations.

Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IA

I worked at Boston Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent work environment. Good training. Decent pay, good product and plenty of help from other GMs.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations regarding staffing. Very difficult to meet all criteria for bonuses

Change facial hair code.

A fine place to work

Former Employee - Catering Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Catering Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Boston Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a catering driver and was one of two at my location. Decent money for the hours spent, and I never felt too stressed. Changes in the law affecting how doctors spend threatened to take a big bite out of business - I don't know how all that has played out. Would recommend this as a good part time job.

Cons

Not enough business at some locations to make this a full time position.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market