pretty ok

Former Employee - Server in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Server in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the coworkers got along. The food was 50% off for employees. The pay was a little more than minimum wage which is good for a fast food place.

Cons

The energy of the shift depended on the manager. Some managers had attitude problems but that's expected for this kind of job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Don't work here. The pay doesn't match how much you work. SERIOUSLY.

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

-50% discount off of food -met some great friends here

Cons

-all my friends were fired/quit or are quitting -I was serving food to customers until the dishwasher quit and then I was placed there. -managers want me to finish about 30 minutes after we close AT MOST. -work 6 days a week at dishwasher without a break. -sometimes co-workers don't wash any dishes and when my shift starts and I'm left with an overflowed sink filled with stuff that was used earlier that day when the store opened. -I had almost no training. -expensive food(even with the discount my meal cost just as much as a #1 at Wendy's,maybe more) -we toss out too much food that we had left at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

-your employees aren't robots. They get tired too. -a dishwasher with a shift starting from opening to about 2 pm might help -hand out some leftovers to the employees closing that day. We seriously get rid of at least two trays of cornbread everyday.

Not doing very well

Current Contractor - Hourly Shift Supervisor in Golden, CO
    Current Contractor - Hourly Shift Supervisor in Golden, CO

I have been working at Boston Market as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The team you work with can become almost like a second family.

Cons

Corporate will desperately change things in an attempt to make more money, including raising prices every couple months. They shove more and more work down the latter so that by the end of the day it's the people at the stores that are working the hardest without any raises. Meal breaks are almost nonexistent. It's not worth the pay for the amount of work you need to do. They promote from within to an extent. Once you reach General Manager it's hard to climb any further up the latter. The company is making desperate changes to further business and then reversing there changes a few months later after they realize it was a mistake. That in turn wastes a lot of company money. It's also a requirement to do local store marketing if your in management. You will be going out to nearby businesses and promote your catering for the company, with no extra pay for gas or the extra work.

Advice to Management

They need to seriously realize that customer satisfaction may be doing well, however, employee satisfaction is severely lacking.