There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

Surprisingly still relevant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Boston Market full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Some of the groups are internally very loyal, even sometimes a bit cliquish.
- Good discount for rotisserie chicken lovers
- A mission that is easy to dedicate oneself to - ironic that the mission statement is vague and ridiculous.
- Simple format increases ability for business to expand

Cons

- The politics in middle management are brutal. Though typical for this industry, it isn't anything to be proud about.
- Though necessary for this business, cost cutting keeps opportunity and growth in check
The culture has changed in the last couple years and a great deal of the charm has been lost.

Do more than sit on your ass and expand into the premium markets that have been back burnered since forever.

135 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market (View Most Recent)

Decent Company to work for.

I have been working at Boston Market

Pros

Free meals as a manager, people that I work with or who work for me are decent. Low turnover at our location. Business has picked up at my location over the last year, which is always good.

Cons

-Short staffed sometimes. Even as a manager, during the day I'm literally doing 3 different jobs.
    - No garbage cans in dining room. While I don't mind cleaning the tables,sometimes you can't get to it right away because you have your hands time.

-Having to mention promotions to regular customers every single time they come in. Company policy pretty much and I wouldn't like it if I got told about something every time I walked in.

-More consistent and smaller menu. I feel that we too often remove items that customers love.

-Corporate should be in better contact with stores on all measures. I have never met anyone above my area manager and I have been with the company for over 2 years.

- Less hassling of our customers. While I want our customers to try new things, they shouldn't feel like their dealing with a car salesman.

A fast paced environment which caused high stress due to management.

I worked at Boston Market part-time

Pros

Boston Market is a great place to work if you enjoy customer service and working at a high paced and at times doing nothing. It was good because there would be waves of customers and then all of the sudden there would be no one.

Cons

Most of the time there was nothing to do and either there were too many people working at one time or not enough.

Needs more structure and reliability with the managers. More training in customer service and prioritizing would be helpful.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market