Surprisingly still relevant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Boston Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some of the groups are internally very loyal, even sometimes a bit cliquish. - Good discount for rotisserie chicken lovers - A mission that is easy to dedicate oneself to - ironic that the mission statement is vague and ridiculous. - Simple format increases ability for business to expand

Cons

- The politics in middle management are brutal. Though typical for this industry, it isn't anything to be proud about. - Though necessary for this business, cost cutting keeps opportunity and growth in check The culture has changed in the last couple years and a great deal of the charm has been lost.

Advice to Management

Do more than sit on your ass and expand into the premium markets that have been back burnered since forever.

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market

Decent Company to work for.

Pros

Free meals as a manager, people that I work with or who work for me are decent. Low turnover at our location. Business has picked up at my location over the last year, which is always good.

Cons

-Short staffed sometimes. Even as a manager, during the day I'm literally doing 3 different jobs. - No garbage cans in dining room. While I don't mind cleaning the tables,sometimes you can't get to it right away because you have your hands time. -Having to mention promotions to regular customers every single time they come in. Company policy pretty much and I wouldn't like it if I got told about something every time I walked in.

Advice to Management

-More consistent and smaller menu. I feel that we too often remove items that customers love. -Corporate should be in better contact with stores on all measures. I have never met anyone above my area manager and I have been with the company for over 2 years. - Less hassling of our customers. While I want our customers to try new things, they shouldn't feel like their dealing with a car salesman.

2. High stress fueled by pointless policies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employees to work with.

Cons

Always passing some new rule or changing something that doesn't need to be changed. For example, they've recently removed the garbage cans from the dining room, so employees have to quickly clear the tables of all plates, even during high volume. Management won't listen to suggestions, yet they'll turn around and yell at employees over the very thing that the employee tried to tell them about in the first place.The priorities of this company are very misguided.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who work in your stores, pay attention to your competition, take notice of what your customers actually want instead of trying to push the same "new" promotion on them for months on end.