n/a

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan

Pros

A very stabilized professional atmosphere to grow. The supporting staff is well organized and disciplined, and everyone was treated equally in terms of being a respected professional of their designated positions. Also, a well respected institution that is well known throughout the city.

Cons

I don't detect anything negative overall. I'm appreciative in having the opportunity to be employed from a respected medical institution such as Boston Medical Center HealthNet.

Other Reviews for Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan

Love it!

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone I work with is awesome. They're friendly, competent, and respectful of work/life boundaries. I've been given several opportunities to learn and grow, and have earned increasing levels of responsibility.

Cons

Compensation is lower than in other MCO's.

Great people, structure is lacking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company mission is noble - to provide the highest quality healthcare coverage to underserved populations - and you'll have a chance to help members who really need assistance with health care issues.
    There are some really good people working here that can share their own experiences with you and teach you so much. You'll make friends here that you'll keep in touch with.
    Work/life balance is decent.
    Business casual dress is a nice perk and benefits are good.

Cons

Leadership and direction are not always clear.
    Burnout is inevitable when projects are repeatedly started, pushed hard and fast but then get cancelled suddenly. This can wear anyone down.
    Technology/resources are seriously outdated and learning new technology is not encouraged.
    The approval process is so slow that sometimes projects time out before a decision can be made on them.
    Salary isn't comparable to what other MCOs are paying their employees.

Employee morale is low and the work environment is very disheartening. A little "please," "thank you," and "good job team" can go a long way. Try using your established award program to spread some good cheer.
    Update company technology.
    Streamline the approvals process.
    Offer better salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan.

Worked for Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan? Contribute to the Community!