There are newer employer reviews for Boston Medical Center

I know suffer from chronic stress!!

Current Employee - Team Coordinator  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Team Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I begin as a medical assistant in "02" I've been promoted several times and work as a team coordinator. If you're union they'll pay for your college education; however you only can take 6 credits per semester. If you work for B.U. hospital side you can attend BU for free

Cons

Since it is union based, as management, I've dealt with them a lot. I finally was able to get rid of 2 employees after 5 years of supervising them. Parking is a killer I pay $50 per week pre-tax. Maybe because the facility is located in the inner city the patients we serve are tough, but they need the help. Upper management is not that helpful; we are so short staff in the clinic my director decides to go to Mexico for a month.

Pay attention to why there is such a high turn over rate in a particular department. Also, supervisors, team coordinators need more support with out of control staff.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Keeping their head above water

Current Employee - Data Coordinator  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Data Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Unions are in place so the Employees have a voice. The hospital takes care of the patients that have no other place to go. They support the community with food pantries and other community out reach programs. Good medical care at almost half the cost of the other area hospitals.

Cons

The hospital needs to advertise their services. They need to push quality doctors and services at low costs for low overhead. They need to follow up with the patients. They need something new, like visiting doctors program or something that the other hospitals are not doing.

Listen to the their employees, ask the average Joe their opinion. Make the hospital more like the hospital for the Boston community. Set up some type of satellites so they can reach out to the patients that don't want to come into Boston.

Physician Assistant

Current Employee - Physician Assistant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Major plus is No Call. Attendings once trusted offer Autonomy. 730-4, five days a week

Cons

Support staff lazy, and insubordinate. The only people that care are medical providers and management.

Change the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Medical Center

Worked for Boston Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!