Boston Medical Center
www.bmc.org Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

HORRIBLE. Most abusive, demeaning, and unsupportive place I have ever worked

Mid-level (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Prosnone. The nurses are bullies and mean-spirited.

ConsI was promised 3-12 mos training for a specialty I had never worked in. Within 2 weeks on the job, I was told that I had to be independent in 2 weeks in a critical care unit. No support, constant berating & scolding, abusive, punitive and demeaning work environment. Nurses are horrible and mean-spirited towards new staff. Tried as hard as I could, then was fired after 2 months. None of the training as outlined was provided. I was relentlessly pimped by a control-freak chief who constant;y interrupted my work flow with this pimping while I was trying to make a plan for my patients for the day. Ridiculous. Pimping staff??? Disrupting my work flow? Outrageous.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you know what your interviewers (Dept Chiefs) are offering new clinical staff -- and that this is being executed as promised.

Nice Place to Work

I have been working at Boston Medical Center

Pros: There is always shifts to work Cons: There are a lot of people that have been here… More

Interesting work, so so pay and benefits, no perks or flexibility

Grunt Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Boston Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great mission and people are dedicated for the most part. Cons: Lack of resources and flexibility. Upper mgt rewards favorite staff with undeserved promotions. How is it that some directors get… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention or employees will vote with their feet like… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boston Medical Center.

Worked for Boston Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Medical Center CEO Kate Walsh. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Medical Center employees.