Boston Public Health Commission
bphc.org Boston, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Good people, great mission, bad area

Development Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston Public Health Commission full-time for more than a year

ProsDedicated, professional work staff with their eyes on the goal. Great benefits, ample opportunity to learn new skills and languages, friendly environment.

ConsLocated in a not so great neighborhood with few restaurants and hard to get to by metro (though there are buses that stop right in front). Constituent services can always be rough.

Great Student Internship

Research Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston Public Health Commission as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours, light workload, high compensation Cons: Slow paced (which allows for great work-life balance) Advice to Senior Management: Allow more training opportunities for interns to grow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging population to work with with little support from supervisors

I have been working at Boston Public Health Commission

Pros: The population was challenging and forced me to think outside the box in my service approach. In leaving BPHC I was sad to say goodbye… Cons: There is a lack of professional boundaries held by much of the staff from the administrative level to… Advice to Senior Management: Require professional development workshops specific to the service population to all staff. These workshops should be mandatory and respectfully attended/participated. Staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boston Public Health Commission.

Worked for Boston Public Health Commission? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Public Health Commission reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Public Health Commission CEO John P. Cradock. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Public Health Commission employees.