Boston Public Health Commission
www.bphc.org Boston, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Great people, great learning experience

Intern (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsAs an intern, my supervisors were always willing to help me fully understand the scope of the project and were actively involved in my learning experience. They made sure that the assignments I had were on par with my expectations and the expectations that my degree program had. All in all, I learned so much from this experience and I'm confident that the skills I learned here will help me go far in the field!

ConsSome downsides include the actual location of the building-- the fringe Dorchester area is a little scary to be in sometimes. During my time at BPHC, there were several robberies of people walking in and out of the building as well as car break-ins. Kind of scary, but nothing that building security wasn't actively trying to reduce.

Good experience, but not for long

Research Associate I (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston Public Health Commission full-time for more than a year

Pros: Mostly great people, compromised with work. Cons: Too many people too comfortable with their jobs, leading to… Advice to Senior Management: Please, get some training on how to manage employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good people, great mission, bad area

Development Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston Public Health Commission full-time for more than a year

Pros: Dedicated, professional work staff with their eyes on the goal. Great… Cons: Located in a not so great neighborhood with few restaurants and hard to get to by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boston Public Health Commission.

Worked for Boston Public Health Commission? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Public Health Commission reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Public Health Commission CEO John P. Cradock. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Public Health Commission employees.