Boston Public Schools

www.boston.k12.ma.us

Boston is a good district to work in.

Math Teacher (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe district is small enough that there is room to experiment with new educational theories. It depends lot on the school but in my case the administration was very supportive of the teachers.

ConsThe current superintendent is not working well with unions and teachers and we are seeing the same tone is elsewhere blaming teachers for all problems and painting teachers as lazy and ineffective.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to include teachers in the important decisions. We are sick of learning of your decisions by reading the Boston Globe.

Wonderful place to work.

Educator (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

Pros: Great colleagues who are up to date with the most… Cons: large system sometimes becomes cumbersome Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work where you can make impactful changes that benefit the lives of many students.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

Pros: Opportunity to improve and make impactful changes to the system. Cons: Highly bureaucratic, takes time to change. Advice to Senior Management: Keep on moving. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Boston Public Schools.

Worked for Boston Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!