Boston Public Schools
www.boston.k12.ma.us Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Boston Public Schools Work balance

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

ProsUnion plays an important role in keeping management focused on quality of work life for teachers.

ConsBoston public schools is a very political environment - Individuals who may be incompetent are given promotions and recognized as long as they are politically astute..

Advice to Senior ManagementTop down approach to management is not effective in a school system. Management should elicit more input from teachers and parents before making major decisions.

It is a great learning experience!

Intern (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

Pros: I love working here because I get valuable teaching experience while… Cons: Sometimes I am asked to complete the "unwanted" tasks of the teachers such as making copies and completing bulletin boards.… Advice to Senior Management: I love how we are supported by the special ed.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Tough at times, but great place to learn

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

Pros: Boston is a large district so there are many other OTs to learn from. There is also good professional development… Cons: As an OT, you have to work many more hours than you are paid for and must pay for many things out of pocket.… More

There are newer reviews on Boston Public Schools.

Worked for Boston Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Public Schools CEO Carol R Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Public Schools employees.