There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

Local experience has been very good, corporate headquarters the opposite

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Arden Hills, MN
Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Good opportunities to learn about the CRM business and develop relationships with business staff. Local customers are great to work with and very appreciative of our efforts.

Cons

Very poor management at headquarters, out of touch with reality, no concept of people management, no leaders, no strategy.

Advice to Management

Managing people is at least as important as managing projects. Technical knowledge and expertise is sorely needed to provide guidance to leadership as well as to less experienced offshore resources. Create a real technical I.S. career path. Start treating people as individuals, not like faceless, undifferentiated cogs in the machine.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work, but isn't exactly exciting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

BSC makes products that help people and is a huge company with excellent benefits and fair wages. The company has seen its peak, probably, but doesn't feel like it is sinking. Hopefully they can maintain competitiveness and continue innovating.

Cons

It is a large company and it is really easy to be simply a number and not be recognized for effort. You really have to play politics and fight for recognition.

2. Stay away from IT if you believe in Quality!

Current Employee - Analyst in Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Not much comes to mind since BSC bought Guidant. Guidant gave you bragging rights... BSC does not.

Cons

Might be a good company to work at areas other than IS, alas I had not the opportunity to experience. Our new IT motto is "Don't care for quality, save a dime". Problem is we're making devices implented in people's bodies, not lemonade! Crude language is tolerated. Respect is not present.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to behavior as well, not just super-performers. They might trample over other employees that could perform... given the chance.