Maybe I was lucky and had the best boss in the place but I never leared more at BSC than at any other company

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Natick, MA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid well, facilities were very nice, many opportunities if you wanted to change departments

Cons

having issues determining where they want to go and who should lead - bit surprosed by adoption of Guidant processes - didnt appear completely thought out and appeared to be the goal of only a few middle/upper management (most of whom left the company during and immediately following the changes)

may need to look for more input that one or two VPs -

Other Reviews for Boston Scientific

Great great middle management

Current Employee - Scientist I  in  Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open enviroment, great people and lots of knowledge

Cons

Being young and enthusiastic you don't get recognized for your great ideas...all good ideas get thrown in a pot leaving individuals feeling like part of a machine

Compensate all workers fairly and instill confidence. You can instill confidence by being honest, keeping your employees informed is key.

Great peers, lackluster managers

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding work-life balance. There's a belief in not working too much and that it's just a job. Additionally, in my experience, I found that my peers had the drive and creativity to market sub-par products in a crowded space. Average benefits across med-tech companies.

Cons

Stagnation and mediocrity are acceptable part of the culture, so if you are a hard charger, you won't fit in. When management skills (leadership, driving the business, creativity) in this company are compared to managers in other companies, BSC managers are sub-par.
    Culture is stuck in the 1990s, during the good old days. Hey, guess what, it's a different ball game, but the company hasn't changed with the times

Hold managers accountable for revenue targets. If they can't hit them, let them go.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!