There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

In house experience was good. Field experience has been frustrating.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In house people at CRM truly are excellent at their technoloy and professsions.

Cons

The fact that there is always a pending layoff that looms over both in-house and field employees can be detrimental to creating strong teams and developing a sense of job security. This is not just BSC- the same goes for StJ and MDT as well.

Advice to Management

Change the field structure. You have FCR's getting paid 1/3 of what the reps make, but job responsibilities are the same. The sales is at a national account level now- why are the sales reps still being compensated based on contracts that they don't close?

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific

Beware

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits Great Campus with access to parks and onsite health/fitness/banking facilities. Best direct (middle) management that I have every worked with. My peers are some of the most talented and friendliest people that I have ever worked with.

Cons

Pay was ok, but is no longer competitive with the market The atmosphere feels like they are getting ready for a fire sale. Issues that were deemed necessary in past years are no longer being addressed. Attrition, for key roles, is occurring at an alarming rate and they are not replacing head count. The atmosphere is slowing going from "Why is nobody caring!?" to "Meh, I guess if upper management doesn't care, I don't care either. Time to look for a new job".

Advice to Management

I have no idea what their plan is. By feel, my guess is that they are trying to look as good as possible for a buyout (lower spending from reduced head count) and maintain the status quo. The problem is that they are walking a thing line. I believe that a catastrophic event will occur before they are able to do so. The talent is flying out the door and the years of knowledge is as well. One can only hope to not be caught up in the devastation.

Very demanding

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer in Miami, FL
    Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer in Miami, FL

I worked at Boston Scientific as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Provides benefits to employees and studying opportunities, promotes growth through the company.

Cons

Depends too much on their documentation system through personal follow up to complete documentation SOP compliance. Daily meetings place too much demand on quick fix individual work instead of joint / Kaizen type work groups.

Advice to Management

Integrate TPS into manufacturing to allow improvements to flow .