Boston Scientific
www.bostonscientific.com Natick, MA 5000+ Employees

In house experience was good. Field experience has been frustrating.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIn house people at CRM truly are excellent at their technoloy and professsions.

ConsThe fact that there is always a pending layoff that looms over both in-house and field employees can be detrimental to creating strong teams and developing a sense of job security. This is not just BSC- the same goes for StJ and MDT as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the field structure. You have FCR's getting paid 1/3 of what the reps make, but job responsibilities are the same. The sales is at a national account level now- why are the sales reps still being compensated based on contracts that they don't close?

Beware

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Benefits Great Campus with access to parks and onsite health/fitness/banking facilities. Best direct (middle) management that I have every… Cons: Pay was ok, but is no longer competitive with the market The atmosphere feels like they are getting ready for a fire sale. Issues that were deemed… Advice to Senior Management: I have no idea what their plan is. By feel, my guess is that they are trying to look as good as possible for a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very demanding

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at Boston Scientific as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Provides benefits to employees and studying opportunities, promotes growth through… Cons: Depends too much on their documentation system through personal follow up to complete documentation SOP compliance. Daily… Advice to Senior Management: Integrate TPS into manufacturing to allow improvements to flow . No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boston Scientific.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Scientific reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Scientific CEO Michael F. Mahoney. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Scientific employees.