Boston Scientific
www.bostonscientific.com Natick, MA 5000+ Employees

Great peers, lackluster managers

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOutstanding work-life balance. There's a belief in not working too much and that it's just a job. Additionally, in my experience, I found that my peers had the drive and creativity to market sub-par products in a crowded space. Average benefits across med-tech companies.

ConsStagnation and mediocrity are acceptable part of the culture, so if you are a hard charger, you won't fit in. When management skills (leadership, driving the business, creativity) in this company are compared to managers in other companies, BSC managers are sub-par.
Culture is stuck in the 1990s, during the good old days. Hey, guess what, it's a different ball game, but the company hasn't changed with the times

Advice to Senior ManagementHold managers accountable for revenue targets. If they can't hit them, let them go.

In house experience was good. Field experience has been frustrating.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: In house people at CRM truly are excellent at their… Cons: The fact that there is always a pending layoff that looms over both in-house and field employees can be detrimental to creating strong… Advice to Senior Management: Change the field structure. You have FCR's getting paid 1/3 of what the reps make, but job responsibilities are the same. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Beware

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Benefits Great Campus with access to parks and onsite health/fitness/banking facilities. Best direct (middle) management that I have every… Cons: Pay was ok, but is no longer competitive with the market The atmosphere feels like they are getting ready for a fire sale. Issues that were deemed… Advice to Senior Management: I have no idea what their plan is. By feel, my guess is that they are trying to look as good as possible for a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Boston Scientific.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Scientific reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Scientific CEO Michael F. Mahoney. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Scientific employees.