OK Internship

Former Intern - R&D Intern in San Jose, CA
Former Intern - R&D Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Boston Scientific as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned for a summer after college. The pay was excellent ($26/hour), and my supervisors were very kind and helpful.

Cons

- There was too much online training - My work was not challenging, as it consisted of lots of testing and very little analysis and design. I wish this were clearer in the internship posting - There was only one other intern in my office, and there were very few planned events with interns in neighboring offices. Full-time employees were older, so it was difficult to make friends

Advice to Management

Reduce the online training. Give interns more analytical and/or design work. Hire more interns and plan more social events

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific

Good people to work with and good lower management, but it is starting to feel like a death spiral.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the people are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The pay is pretty good and the benefits are still good though that is changing. Work-life balance can be a plus depending on where you are positioned.

Cons

The company has been going through yearly layoffs, and it seems like they will continue. The medical device industry as a whole is going down, and the stock price has followed. I don't see much opportunity for growth here in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep being positive with employees and stop laying people off if you care about the CRM market.

2. Good company to work for

Current Intern - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Scientific as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits Good management Nice perks Good company to work for Helpful manager

Cons

lengthy hours Bad staff No holidays No reimbursement not good pay

Advice to Management

Please take care of your employees..