Boston Scientific

www.bostonscientific.com
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific - a company in need of CPR

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people that I worked with. It is for them that I stayed there. However, it's very frustrating to see the most competent people passed over for a promotion in lieu of those who play the office political game well. The best revenge for those passed over is that they all moved on to better jobs elsewhere!

Cons

The expectation to attend meetings from 9 to 5 and then complete your work afterwards is unrealistic and does not make for a good home life. Working in finance, you're expected to close the books in three days, which make for very long days the first three days of the month. When you're finished for the day at the office at 8PM, you're expected to log back in at 4AM and check emails. Needless to say, having kids is not an option for most people there.

The company needs to be staffed better (e.g. some areas are over-staffed (like HR) while other areas are too lean) and should focus on how to develop a better pipeline of products.

473 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific (View Most Recent)

Bad management and support of hard work

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time

Pros

colleagues that I worked with

Cons

management and support level was inadequate

Great company to work for depending on your department and management.

Former Employee - Lab Supervisor in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Lab Supervisor in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn how to work in an ever changing and challenging environment. Good life long skills.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch. Decisions are obviously driven by money and money only. The company has been struggling for many years and is unable to see that unhappy and over worked employees will lead to an underperforming company.

upper management needs to be more in touch with the actual work that is being performed and have a vested interest in their employees. I also think a little diversity in upper management would be a positive change for this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific