There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific CRM Saint Paul MN

Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty good and most of the people here are really top flight. It looks like the market has bottomed out and we maybe in for a real upswing in the CRM business.

Cons

Lots of Layoffs, about one per year, typical office politics, power games and people not really taking ownership of problems. The CRM business has not done very well over the last 10 years or so--it's not just Boston CRM however, the entire pacemakers and other implantable cardiac device market has fallen on hard times.

Be realistic about the projections for the future, stop tell us we are going to jump over the moon. We might and if we do, let it be a surprise. When you predict great improvements and they don't materialize, you look less than great.

reviews filtered by

Too Many Layoffs

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Arden Hills, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Arden Hills, MN

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I supported a very challenging team and worked with some of the best people. The flexible hours, PTO, and educational support were very helpful in continuing to grow in my field.

Cons

After the continuous rounds of layoffs began, I was often left with little or no work to do because everyone was concerned about having the technical writer do some of what was perceived as "their position".

Have honest discussions with the departments to see if they are able to determine ways to trim money from the budget, instead of just laying off people. I think they would be impressed with some of the suggestions from the field in how to improve process, products and costs.

Great company with great benefits but must be willing to work in a giant corporation

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Arden Hills, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Arden Hills, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, products that help people

Cons

Very large company and typical corporate hierarchy

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific