There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

Great place to start. Not a bad place to stay. Learn to put up with the "slower," regulated environment that feels fast.

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Maple Grove, MN
Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Great training, great people, good benefits. People want to do the right thing (related to products). Opportunities to learn. Makes life-saving products. Healthy sense of urgency, most of the time.

Cons

Recognition is hap-hazard. Regulations are exacerbated by company's interpretations of them, making work / progress slow. Management has focused too much on iterating and been slow to deliver new things (i.e. a "me-too" company). The healthy sense of urgency often makes it feel really busy. But, honestly, I've rarely worked over 50 hours/wk, and even then, I probably could have gotten by just fine with less.

Advice to Management

Make your plan. Base it on good information and instincts. Then really stick to it! Invest in more exploratory and "out of the box" ideas.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great, respectful place to work, you feel like you're making a difference.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Moving within the company is relatively easy. Boston has always been commited to keeping their employees out our branch as much as possible (no layoffs). The benefits are very good. You feel like you have a purpose when you're working there.

Cons

Your career advancement is heavily dependent on your hiring manager (big surprise) so if your manager is poor, and want to move up, you may have extreme difficulty. Base compensation can be lower than competitors.

Advice to Management

Thank you for communicating to us. I feel like we are kept in the loop. I hope that we can continue to make progress down the road.

2. Analyst at Boston Scientific - decent place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

It is a large company, with a pretty good decent benefits package. Scheduling is flexible. Location is convenient.

Cons

It seems that many times the environment is very political. To advance, it seems like it is all about who you know, rather than what you know.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement on a higher level.