There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

You are a vulgar beast that motivates no one.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Good place to start a career. This company gives anyone the opportunity to get into the trenches and do the nitty-gritty part of engineering and testing. Boston Scientific is happy to hire new college grads because they cost little and put out a lot. The industry that Boston competes in is fulfilling and gives great experience to launch you into your next career move.

Cons

Boston does not try to keep talent around. Highly skilled and experienced employees have much better opportunities outside the company. Pay increase is very slow and barely keeps up with inflation. Pay starts competitive and over time is well below industry averages.

Have a backbone and encourage innovation!

431 Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific (View Most Recent)

Okay to work for, but there has to be better out there, will be looking soon

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

You improve the quality of life for other people with the products that you work on or with, so there is a sense of pride in what you do. There is always a challenge everyday at work and you are compelled to work through it, because of the good that you know it will do in the long-run.

Cons

The company has lost its ability to provide a clear vision of where it is headed and communicate that direction to its employees.

Take your time in hiring the right people and when you do find them, do a better job of managing them and not just the timeline of the projects they work on.

Excited about the future of Boston Scientific.

Current Employee - Director, R&D  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Director, R&D in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Highly skilled teams. Very deep technical and scientific background of my team members. We elevate quality every day and have the patients best interest in mind at all times. 3 years ago the CRM team established a road map to recover from a few unfortunate events. That vision is becoming a reality now with the launch of 10 of the best products in the market and you can feel the energy growing around every corner. Each of our products is designed to help save or improve real people's lives. There are very few places you can work where you can have as much meaning. At Boston Scientific you are working not just for a pay check but for the patient who will experience a better life because of what you do.

Cons

While we deliver extremely good products to the market place our strategic marketing is sometimes challenged to figure out what is really important and stick to it. This is not the case from Jim Tobin, but one or two levels below him.

Clearly define what Boston Scientific's values are.

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!