Great progress, excellent experience

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Valencia, CA
Former Employee - Former Employee in Valencia, CA

I worked at Boston Scientific

Pros

BSC was an enjoyable, professional and inspirational place to work. Beautiful campus, plenty of workable space, dedicated employees who enjoyed their jobs.

Cons

Meeting heavy, and lots of closed door corporate whisperings when times got tough. HR has issues, should probably change personnel there. Great executive leadership but lacking in marketing and sales leadership.

Pay attention to what the employees have to say about their managers and apply this to executive leadership goals.

Other Reviews for Boston Scientific

No career unless you are an indsider

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific

Pros

Decent benefit. Nothing else I can think of.

Cons

My salary is low. Doing great technical work but not appreciated unless you are in "leadership". That means unless you are not really doing work, you won't get good merit increase or promotion.

Open your eyes and see how Boston Scientific CRM have slipped in the past ten years. When people doing great work are not promote and zombie or insiders are promoted.

The product was world-class with a strong presence in the market but field sales management was pathetic!

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Boston Scientific

Pros

Advanced Products
    Good Product Branding
    Competent Home Office Personnel
    Highly Skilled Field Sales Reps

Cons

No Rep Loyalty from Management
    Management By Fear
    Mediocre Reps Promoted to Management
    Poor Work/Family Life Balance

Invest more in your field representatives. I was told by a rep in a different division from a competitive company that the difference with BSC is they believe their product is for superior and that every implanting physician should convert to BSC. The rep told me his company believes they have leading products as well but it's the long term investment in the people (field reps) that develop the loyalists. When territories have a low production coming off a stellar year, they stand behind the reps. Unlike BSC who re-invent the system and decide that somethings wrong with the rep for the business trending downward. Management-by-fear sets in and the reps feel abandoned and used!

There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!