Boston University
www.bu.edu Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Good benefits but management is terrible, with anecdotal exceptions

Senior Associate Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston University full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMost staff care about what they do. Benefits are great, especially tuition remission and health insurance.

ConsManagers get no training or guidance in management or leadership. Some are great because they happened to get good mentorship, but there is nothing in place to ensure that managers & directors are anything other than good worker bees, so that's what most of them are.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are promoting someone to a supervisory role, make sure they get the training and support to develop appropriate management skills.

Working in academia is a whole different world

Patient Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boston University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are fantastic benefits. The school offers tuition remission which allows you to attent MET college for almost no… Cons: The salary is on the low side in comparison with other employers in the area. Working for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

RA Position is Alright

Resident Assistant (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston University part-time for more than a year

Pros: - Free room and board -Meet some great people -On calls can… Cons: -Upper staff not very open to change -Residence life office is… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to your RAs. Get rid of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boston University.

Worked for Boston University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston University CEO Robert A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston University employees.