Boston University
www.bu.edu Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for

Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsGreat benefits. The health plan is reasonable and the dental plan is great coverage for much less than my wife's plan. The health plan includes a fitness bonus to offset the cost of gym membership.

ConsAlthough employees get a discounted membership at the Fitness and Recreation Center, membership costs more as an employee than as an alumni, and if you are an employee you can't benefit from the alumni discount.

academic grader in math department

Grader (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Boston University part-time for more than a year

Pros: wages are very generous, in my opinion, and it does not take much time out… Cons: there is typically no feedback from your supervisor (you are on your own)… Advice to Senior Management: give some feedbacks; check if graders meet deadlines Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Do not work here. Run!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Boston University full-time for less than a year

Pros: No pros about the department. Outside of the department, this is a good business school that will see great growth… Cons: Worst environment I have ever worked in. Very high turnover due to bad… Advice to Senior Management: Take note of why there is such a high turnover.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Boston University.

Worked for Boston University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston University CEO Robert A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston University employees.