There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portsmouth, NH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities for those willing to take ownership and drive things.
No politics between the top level leaders. They support each other and each others groups.
Management cares about their employees and try to do the right thing
Culture is a top priority for all managers in the company. They actual run programs and training to keep the culture going.
Benefits are better than most companies in the area

Cons

You'll need to work hard to keep up with your coworkers here.
If your not working hard you won't last long

This company is exploding with growth and so many places loose their culture when this happens. Stay focused on the culture and make sure you keep it as you grow.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies (View Most Recent)

Company performs well, communications to employees are inconsistent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Fair wage
    Maintains strong position in its industry
    Ability to focus on key markets
    Strong financial management
    Stock price is strong and consistent

Cons

Does not empower employees
    Makes promises it does not keep
    Constant headcount reduction loses key players and core talent
    Finance always wins over substance

Stop telling your employees how important they are and talking about "We" when you don't mean it.

Challenge and Opportunity go hand in hand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

There is opportunity at BT, I've lived it. Starting with the company five years ago I now make more money than I ever have in my life. My daughter started as an intern this year, was hired in early and is now making a fair salary and has both a technical career path and is excelling at the work and excited about her future. Would I like to be compensated more?..Of course...but it seem's more than a bit naive to have an expectation that a global, public corporation is going to weight everything towards the individual. Any company in this category is responsible to the shareholders and has to try to strike a balance between revenue and expense.

The executive management did a great job of continuing to drive profits during an extremely difficult economic downturn, keeping the company in business as other's were closing their doors. Was that challenging for the worker?...less so than not having a job...and in fact, we've been able to grow the company substantially in these last years, which does open the door for greater opportunities.

This is software development, with a great client base of some of the largest corporations in the world. Are the hours challenging sometimes?...Yes, but if people want a 9 to 5, check in - check out position...they probably should look to another industry to meet those need's.

The greatest asset of BT is it's people. I've never worked with a more dedicated, intelligent and caring group of peers. At the end of the day, however long that may be...I know I've been part of a team of excellence unlike any other...and yes, just as high caliber as any of the largest companies now making software on the planet.

Cons

One could always say compensation could be better, but only each individual can really say what that would be for them.
    No clear process for comp time when long hours to hit deliverables is a reality.
    Not enough focus on emerging changes in the technology and being far ahead of the competition related to those technologies....example...where will java based software be in 10 years?...I would hazard a guess that it will be completely different...it's great to be aligning with the move to mobile technologies etc....but what will be driving the industry and put the company ahead of the pack 5- 10 years from now? As an evolving company, there need's to be more investment in the long range tech future.

Listen to your middle-management tier....they are the backbone of the success of BT and allow them dialogue without filters...perhaps create a regular forum for such dialogue, a "BT think tank" , where they can share the intel. They know where the challenges are and addressing those challenges are what create the opportunities for continued success.

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!