Bottomline Technologies

www.bottomline.com

Many years ago, a great company to work for however the past several proved a toxic environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsLocation. Nice building but poorly maintained. Previous associates a delight to work with. Decent insurance. The poor reputation of Bottomline and how they drive and abuse their employees helps to open doors to employees searching for a new employer.

ConsDysfunctional overpaid management on many levels lead to high stress, long days/weekends with no gratitude and often insist when you work each holiday that you just take another day off. Like they are doing employees a favor? Salary range is low but compared to unemployment it's reasonable when hired until the workload of three employees is handed over. Like it or leave is their attitude. Overpaid upper management enjoy outrageous bonus levels following a raise freeze and layoffs. Very TOXIC environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an efficiency expert to come in for one week. One week observing will save hundreds of thousands wasted on middle management. Have your remaining managers enroll in training courses and seminars. Threatening and yelling at employees hardly motivates or creates a positive working environment. Better yet, bring Joe back to set the company straight.

Don't contract here. Don't expect to be here more than 2 years.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Nice building. Lots of work, never boring.They have a great espresso machine in the… Cons: Absolutely horrible culture. There is no real Life/Work balance even so they talk about how great it is all the time. Most permanent employees regularly… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that it is not all about the profits. Treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best company I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity is not defined by your job title. Anyone has the ability to make a real impact. The company… Cons: It is a fast paced environment unlike any I have ever worked at before.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't just set goals. Ensure the employees below you have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bottomline Technologies.

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!