Bottomline Technologies

www.bottomline.com

Used to be OK, but not now

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFor the most part the non managerial people are good to work with, however there has been an exodus of good hard working people over the past few years. I can't say the same thing about senior management however. Health insurance is good. Basically if you are a junior level person and want to get some experience and can keep your head down and out of the way of senior management it's not too bad of a place. I wouldn't recommend that anyone stay longer than 5 years (get some experience and get out) or try to climb the ladder unless you are a good yes man and have a talet for stabbing your peers in the back.

ConsThe culture is really toxic at the higher levels - you need to constantly watch your back. The company motto is 'With and for each other' which could not be further from the truth. This all really stems from the CEO and flows down so until there is a change at the top I don't see the company culture changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe atmosphere is really driving good people away which is too bad - the strength of the company could really be improved if there was a shift towards listening to differing opinions instead of rewarding those who parrot the same ideas senior managment has already decided on.

Fabulous place to work in every aspect!

Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: I look forward to coming to work every day. Why? Because Bottomline really cares about its employees. I have the feeling that my opinion matters… Cons: From where I sit? None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good to Learn At, Quick to Plateau and Become Stifled

Digital Designer, Front-End Developer (Former Employee) Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Location Benefit package Bonuses Potential for company growth Strong UI/UX team Cons: The company is bogged down by an overbearing network of bureaucracy. For being a tech company, it is ironically slow to adopt new and forward… Advice to Senior Management: Resign. The company needs less of you and more of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bottomline Technologies.

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!