Good place to work at

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, upper management were very good. Quarterly meetings were typically fun.

Cons

Getting laid off due to business reasons

Advice to Management

Look to keep good people internally if there is an opportunity for them to move internally to stay employed and contributing to the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Used to be OK, but not now

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part the non managerial people are good to work with, however there has been an exodus of good hard working people over the past few years. I can't say the same thing about senior management however. Health insurance is good. Basically if you are a junior level person and want to get some experience and can keep your head down and out of the way of senior management it's not too bad of a place. I wouldn't recommend that anyone stay longer than 5 years (get some experience and get out) or try to climb the ladder unless you are a good yes man and have a talet for stabbing your peers in the back.

Cons

The culture is really toxic at the higher levels - you need to constantly watch your back. The company motto is 'With and for each other' which could not be further from the truth. This all really stems from the CEO and flows down so until there is a change at the top I don't see the company culture changing.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is really driving good people away which is too bad - the strength of the company could really be improved if there was a shift towards listening to differing opinions instead of rewarding those who parrot the same ideas senior managment has already decided on.

Fabulous place to work in every aspect!

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to work every day. Why? Because Bottomline really cares about its employees. I have the feeling that my opinion matters from the CEO, to Vice Presidents and Managers as well as my co-workers. The culture is built around "working with and for each other" and I have seen this consistently throughout my time here. The message I hear from the senior staff is that I am doing a good job and that I am a valued employee. Who doesn't like recognitiion for a job well done? Moreover, it's clear that there is room for growth here--when a talent is recognized, management acts on it. In other words the focus is on the strengths of our skill set, rather than our shortcomings and then they run with that which makes it fun and rewarding. Employees share a strong work ethic--I always feel like it's team work and that we're moving toward a goal together. Managers are approachable, colleagues are a pleasure, the benefits are very generous--"think Matching 401K" and the environment is well--beautiful! If it's important to you to work hard, feel a part of and to feel satisfied at the end of the day, then this is the place for you.

Cons

From where I sit? None.