Bottomline Technologies

www.bottomline.com

Lousy place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Portland, ME
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME

Pros

none that I can think of.

Cons

Understaffed and frequent turnover of employees due to an increased workload.

Get your priorities straight. Settle on a workable plan and finish it before changing your mind.

Other reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Fast Paced Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people.

Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate
    Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up
    Lots of high quality very smart people to work with
    You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here
    Great culture
    No boundaries between teams. People work together
    Amazing location in Portsmouth NH
    One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen
    I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends
    My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day
    The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.

Building a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

I’ve worked at Bottomline for over six years now, and I can say that the environment is high-energy, positive, and supportive. At all levels, there is an emphasis on putting the customers first, and supporting your team and co-workers (we’d call it “working with and for each other”). For the entire time I’ve worked here, the company has been aggressively growing by pursuing larger customers, acquiring new businesses, and expanding its offerings to capture more business. The company has grown significantly (check the market cap), and continues to push along that track. What that means for employees is a fast paced environment that top performers will be comfortable in.

With all of that said, people at all levels take pride in the company’s achievement, and management makes everyone aware of the business results and how every person contributes to our success.

Salary and Bonuses - Ample, opportunities to ensure that you're where you feel you should be
    Benefits - Excellent, can't say enough about the medical, vision, dental, life ins, etc.

Cons

These are not "Cons", but a reality check:

When considering Bottomline, don’t mistake it for a “typical” medium size company that’s coasting on past successes. The pace is fast.

The company has high expectations, and those who have high expectations of themselves will succeed most here.

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies.

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!