Bottomline Technologies

www.bottomline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Fast Paced Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people.

Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate
Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up
Lots of high quality very smart people to work with
You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here
Great culture
No boundaries between teams. People work together
Amazing location in Portsmouth NH
One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen
I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends
My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day
The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies (View Most Recent)

Building a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Bottomline for over six years now, and I can say that the environment is high-energy, positive, and supportive. At all levels, there is an emphasis on putting the customers first, and supporting your team and co-workers (we’d call it “working with and for each other”). For the entire time I’ve worked here, the company has been aggressively growing by pursuing larger customers, acquiring new businesses, and expanding its offerings to capture more business. The company has grown significantly (check the market cap), and continues to push along that track. What that means for employees is a fast paced environment that top performers will be comfortable in.

With all of that said, people at all levels take pride in the company’s achievement, and management makes everyone aware of the business results and how every person contributes to our success.

Salary and Bonuses - Ample, opportunities to ensure that you're where you feel you should be
    Benefits - Excellent, can't say enough about the medical, vision, dental, life ins, etc.

Cons

These are not "Cons", but a reality check:

When considering Bottomline, don’t mistake it for a “typical” medium size company that’s coasting on past successes. The pace is fast.

The company has high expectations, and those who have high expectations of themselves will succeed most here.

Working at BT

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

a. Good benefits; b. Good salary; c. Outstanding U.S. locations; d. Good product lines, which support a variety of industries.

Cons

a. Too many lay offs; b. Management (at times) uses a knee jerk reaction to things. c. Don't even try to talk to the Office Supervisor in Alpharetta--runs the place like a Prison of War camp.

a. Trust and rely on employees--they have a lot to offer.

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies