Fast Paced Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people.

Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate
Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up
Lots of high quality very smart people to work with
You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here
Great culture
No boundaries between teams. People work together
Amazing location in Portsmouth NH
One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen
I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends
My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day
The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company but lots of room for growth

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are go getters and want to impress and succeed and great benefits

Cons

There is a disconnect between management and employees. There is a desire to be a global company but the knowledge to do it successfully is severely lacking. There is very little sharing of information between employees and groups as people silo information to ensure their job, which causes lots of issues.

Advice to Management

Look through your employee base and find people who have worked for successful and unsuccessful global companies to see what knowledge they can bring to your company so all can succeed.

Building a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Bottomline for over six years now, and I can say that the environment is high-energy, positive, and supportive. At all levels, there is an emphasis on putting the customers first, and supporting your team and co-workers (we’d call it “working with and for each other”). For the entire time I’ve worked here, the company has been aggressively growing by pursuing larger customers, acquiring new businesses, and expanding its offerings to capture more business. The company has grown significantly (check the market cap), and continues to push along that track. What that means for employees is a fast paced environment that top performers will be comfortable in.

With all of that said, people at all levels take pride in the company’s achievement, and management makes everyone aware of the business results and how every person contributes to our success.

Salary and Bonuses - Ample, opportunities to ensure that you're where you feel you should be
    Benefits - Excellent, can't say enough about the medical, vision, dental, life ins, etc.

Cons

These are not "Cons", but a reality check:

When considering Bottomline, don’t mistake it for a “typical” medium size company that’s coasting on past successes. The pace is fast.

The company has high expectations, and those who have high expectations of themselves will succeed most here.