Run away

Pros

Good benefits, free fruit in the summer, free ice cream.

Cons

If you want your ideas, suggestions, and work to go unnoticed if your not in Portsmouth then this is the place for you. They are a national company trying to be a global company. When you have a distributed workforce you must utilize them to your advantage, this company doesn't know how to do this from middle management all the way up. Getting someone to respond via email is the most trying task I have ever seen in a company, I would have emails go days without a response and this from my own team. Since I was a remote user and not in Portsmouth there was never a feeling of being welcome by the majority of people. I watched and listened to people actually undermine the CIO, so there is no respect for the management at all.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and learn how to run a global company. You may be one of the biggest players in your market but you have a lot to learn.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Lousy place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none that I can think of.

Cons

Understaffed and frequent turnover of employees due to an increased workload.

Advice to Management

Get your priorities straight. Settle on a workable plan and finish it before changing your mind.

2. Fast Paced Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people. Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up Lots of high quality very smart people to work with You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here Great culture No boundaries between teams. People work together Amazing location in Portsmouth NH One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.