Bottomline Technologies

www.bottomline.com
  www.bottomline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line

Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

79 Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies (View Most Recent)

Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company.
    To the CEO beware of false prophets ... !
    To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness
    To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.

Run away

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Good benefits, free fruit in the summer, free ice cream.

Cons

If you want your ideas, suggestions, and work to go unnoticed if your not in Portsmouth then this is the place for you. They are a national company trying to be a global company. When you have a distributed workforce you must utilize them to your advantage, this company doesn't know how to do this from middle management all the way up. Getting someone to respond via email is the most trying task I have ever seen in a company, I would have emails go days without a response and this from my own team. Since I was a remote user and not in Portsmouth there was never a feeling of being welcome by the majority of people. I watched and listened to people actually undermine the CIO, so there is no respect for the management at all.

Go back to school and learn how to run a global company. You may be one of the biggest players in your market but you have a lot to learn.

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies