There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Nice Company and people, but..

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Portsmouth, NH
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great corporate philosophy, great ethic of working 'with and for' each other, good pride in their work.

Cons

It's a sweatshop. No other way to put it. They talk of 'work-life balance', but they do not walk the walk. Very long hours are frequently expected.

If you say you believe in work life balance, practice that.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies (View Most Recent)

Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company.
    To the CEO beware of false prophets ... !
    To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness
    To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.

Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line

Former Employee - Senior QA  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!