There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Why do they keep Rob Eberle?

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Some really nice people and nice work environment. They try to make it family friendly, but often this is in word not deed.

Cons

The CEO creates a hostile and demeaning atmosphere that is counterproductive to a healthy work environment. The pay is so-so and the benefits are average. The top management gets all the perks. The CEO drives a Porsche, naturally. There are no "free massages", so whoever wrote that is a bot.

Advice to Management

It is time for Rob Eberle to go. What kind of strategy is it to denigrate your employees? Will this keep people here or attract the best people in the future? There are a lot of good people at Bottomline, but Eberle is a total fail. He blames others for his own mistakes, and instead of offering employees any constructive criticism so they might learn from a mistake he will send a scathing email copied to dozens of employees (guaranteed to embarrass) or shout at the poor person in front of half the office. I got out of this place fast because I have too much self-respect to put up with his crap.

reviews filtered by

Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line

Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Advice to Management

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

Advice to Management

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company.
    To the CEO beware of false prophets ... !
    To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness
    To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.