There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Why do they keep Rob Eberle?

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Some really nice people and nice work environment. They try to make it family friendly, but often this is in word not deed.

Cons

The CEO creates a hostile and demeaning atmosphere that is counterproductive to a healthy work environment. The pay is so-so and the benefits are average. The top management gets all the perks. The CEO drives a Porsche, naturally. There are no "free massages", so whoever wrote that is a bot.

It is time for Rob Eberle to go. What kind of strategy is it to denigrate your employees? Will this keep people here or attract the best people in the future? There are a lot of good people at Bottomline, but Eberle is a total fail. He blames others for his own mistakes, and instead of offering employees any constructive criticism so they might learn from a mistake he will send a scathing email copied to dozens of employees (guaranteed to embarrass) or shout at the poor person in front of half the office. I got out of this place fast because I have too much self-respect to put up with his crap.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies (View Most Recent)

Nice Company and people, but..

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great corporate philosophy, great ethic of working 'with and for' each other, good pride in their work.

Cons

It's a sweatshop. No other way to put it. They talk of 'work-life balance', but they do not walk the walk. Very long hours are frequently expected.

If you say you believe in work life balance, practice that.

Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line

Former Employee - Senior QA  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Worked for Bottomline Technologies? Contribute to the Community!