There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

One of the worst places to work in the area

Current Employee - Computer Person in Portsmouth, NH
Current Employee - Computer Person in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Benefits Nice work area In tax free New Hampshire

Cons

•Company is run like lots of small companies with head of Line of Business making all decisions • People and leadership at one Line of Business has no idea what the other Line of Business does, except at the very top •Management micromanages people •I was dept head and no idea what my budget was, even when I asked about it • Does not have the right infrastructure and processes (HR, IT, Accounting) in place for company size. • High employee turnover. Would rather fire people and hire new ones, than proved mentoring and employment development. •The compensation is highly based on stock options and grants. Management’s compensation is based on running up stock and then selling it.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals to solidify company processes. Recognize that you’re a $150M company, not a $15M company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Middle management lacks ability to grow. Petty people who can't manage in a bigger environment. Hurts everyone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Strong Exec team that has grown the Company (sales wise) over the last 5-6 years.

Cons

Middle group, especially marketing and sales don't have the ability to manage their teams or be real Directors. Prefer to sacrifice their own staff then face their inability to grow as managers and executives. Amazing turnover over great people who are then blamed for the inability of the people that manage them. Too bad. Great overall, but wrong team to grow with.

Advice to Management

Need a team that can manage a $250 m organization - Top can't do it all. Folks who have 'grown' with the position can't do the job. Time to bring in an new bench.

Great career opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

It was a great learning experience and the co workers were phenomenal. The management team was very receptive to ideas and did not shy away from helping and answering questions when the need arose. I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a sales or marketing job. They were also very helpful in reviewing performance and letting you know that you were doing a good job. The feedback was great. Its a fairly big company, but not too big that you get lost in the shuffle. Most of the people I worked with were friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

There were not too many downsides to my time there. I know certain people worked a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

None