Bottomline Technologies, The Grass is Not Greener

Current Employee - Product Specialist
Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are great people to work with and the benefits are top notch.

Cons

The upper management Push, Push, Push to get everything done. Most employees seem to be overworked and under appreciated. There also seems to be a habit of cutting the workforce just prior to quarterly results so the "books" look more tenable to the Public Stock Holders.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and actually hire the staff necessary to carry the work load you expect to need.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Why do they keep Rob Eberle?

I worked at Bottomline Technologies

Pros

Some really nice people and nice work environment. They try to make it family friendly, but often this is in word not deed.

Cons

The CEO creates a hostile and demeaning atmosphere that is counterproductive to a healthy work environment. The pay is so-so and the benefits are average. The top management gets all the perks. The CEO drives a Porsche, naturally. There are no "free massages", so whoever wrote that is a bot.

Advice to Management

It is time for Rob Eberle to go. What kind of strategy is it to denigrate your employees? Will this keep people here or attract the best people in the future? There are a lot of good people at Bottomline, but Eberle is a total fail. He blames others for his own mistakes, and instead of offering employees any constructive criticism so they might learn from a mistake he will send a scathing email copied to dozens of employees (guaranteed to embarrass) or shout at the poor person in front of half the office. I got out of this place fast because I have too much self-respect to put up with his crap.

Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line

Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Advice to Management

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?