There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Could be better, could be worse....

Pros

Local company in NH seacoast area, lots of opportunity in the software development industry. Good place to work for "techies".

Cons

Organization is running a bit too lean therefore it provides a poor work life balance. Methodologies need to be refined and adopted company wide to be effective.

Advice to Management

Invest time and money into the overall business's infrastructure and take the time to fully document your products to ensure the wheel does not need to be re-invented every time you implement your products to your customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

1. Sorry to leave...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After nearly eight years at BT I am leaving because I am relocating to another part of the country---for family reasons. My time at Bottomline has far exceeded my expectations. I have learned a lot, loved the people and enjoyed the business challenges. The element of working at BT I enjoyed the most was the focus on 'continuous improvement'. Bottomline's culture is one where everyone, from the CEO on down, works each day to make the customer experience the best that it can be. And, it is an environment where employees are considered the company's greatest asset. I would, and do regularly, recommend Bottomline as an employer to my friends and business contacts.

Cons

I haven't really experienced much in the way of a downside. I look forward to the day that they are big enough to hire people in all 50 states!

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on customers, employees and shareholders...

GE junior

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location, expense accounts are liberal, some work location flexibility.

Cons

Management is confused, organization is more confused. Business model is to buy cast off apps cheap then chew up the BT employees trying to fix software that came out of the trash bin. A few years ago they adopted the GE model of employee treatment which makes everyone nervous. You can never be sure who might end up as your boss and decide you are a non-performer. They dropped yearly reviews a while ago. No training is available other than what you can eke out time wise from your desktop.

Advice to Management

Current approach won't work in this employee market. Just look at the talent that has walked!