Bovis Lend Lease

What has happened?

Current Employee - Preconstruction Manager in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Preconstruction Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

Pros

Like many construction companies, safety if a critical success factor for their employees and contractors. Everyone who arrives on the jobsite in the morning, needs to go home safely at the end of the day.

Cons

Just not sure where this once highly recognized company is headed. With an exceptional resume from the past, their efforts to diversify their market portfolio seems to have put them in a precarious situation.

Several of managements ideas and philosophies need to another look. The attempts to increase your presence in the industry hasn't worked and finding scapegoats to sacrifice is a feeble attempt to keep your doors open. You lost too many of your key people and those that are still there are not happy.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Bovis Lend Lease (View Most Recent)

Out of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say that is the one that treats its employees the best...

Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bovis Lend Lease

Pros

Out of all the Construction Manager Firms in NYC, I would say it has the reputation to treat its employees the best...i.e. best pay and benefits (Based on comments from colleagues at other firms and personal experience) don't get me wrong the other firms (turner, skanska, plaza, tishman, gotham) are not that way off so is matter of preference.

Cons

Lately has been getting some bad rep for some serious safety incidents. However because of this it is taking safety to the extreme and it is only logic that in the near future it will benefit from this as it will be years ahead on safety practices compere to the competition. Paying the price now , but winning later I guess

n/a

Great Benefits, Management needs work

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Bovis Lend Lease

Pros

Great Work/Life balance compared to industry. Nice to have a big company's resources - great benefits, great opportunity to transfer offices.

Cons

Terrible time in the industry. Management in Boston at the office level leaves a lot to be desired. Compensation metrics are a subjective, despite being very paperwork intensive

take time to develop young talent. get pms out in the field more, hire for potential instead of experience. Too much complacent dead weight

There are newer employer reviews for Bovis Lend Lease