Bowdoin Group

www.bowdoingroup.com

If you want recruiting ok, but don't join looking for anything else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of fun, hard working, nice people. Office space isn't bad. Company puts on monthly social hours to mingle with coworkers and relax with food and wine/beer.

ConsYou're sold one idea of what your job is and what the company's approach and values are, making them sound less like a "head hunting" firm which ends up feeling like they're trying to trick themselves into believing they're not in recruiting and that the industry isn't super competitive and invasive. On boarding/training isn't helpful. Too many people train/direct you in different ways. You hear people say that they feel like they can't have work life balance to be successful. Interview process is also extremely long and huge emphasis on a personality test which doesn't event prevent the high turnover I witnessed. Also, you go in for your acceptance of the position only to be grilled by a partner which again gives off the impression that this company is highly paranoid of people leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest. You're in recruiting to make money. It's ok to say you hold higher ethics to get the job done but it definitely isn't all about helping people. If you're honest about your industry and what your priorities are you will attract the right people and will have to spend less time and money on personality tests that only depict extreme paranoia on your own part.

Great team

Consultant (Current Employee) Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Bowdoin Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Everybody is serious about their careers. People work hard but they everybody helps each other out, We all play hard and their are no… Cons: When you first join you will be surprised how direct people are with each other. There is no excuse making. If you don't like… Advice to Senior Management: The focus on culture has been very helpful. Don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent size, culture, values, and position

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Bowdoin Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Smaller company Growth opportunity Fun culture Work Hard Play Hard Great Location MBWA Open Door Policy Cons: Role Ambiguity/Performance Ambiguity Office Park beautiful but office space a little… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more information on organizational structure (departments, seniority, etc) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bowdoin Group.

Worked for Bowdoin Group? Contribute to the Community!